Register using Facebook

Please also select your country:

Where are you from?

We think you're from UK, but you can change your region above any time for local news and competitions!

Do not show me this message again.

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

««12345»»»

MEXX Pure fragrance Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 02 July 2014 21:18
Surprising news, now I will force every male I know to wear this scent!
Nah, just kidding!
But I really didn't expect this, hopefully we'll hear more news soon!
Post #215157
Posted 10 June 2012 21:47

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 22:05
Oh how exciting. Maybe the fragrance is to cover up the beer smell? I'm bad but I couldn't resist.

So when do we get to see the pics?? Or did I miss them?

Um...no, James would NOT smell good covered in manure! Ewww!

Post #215165
Posted 11 June 2012 02:15

Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 01:43
Bad news for Canadians, we are not going to smell the Pure scent soon. I couldn't find Mexx fragrance line in any store, so I sent an email to Mexx Canada Head Office. Here's their reply:

"Unfortunately, we no longer carry fragrances at any of our Mexx store locations. Speaking with our buying team, they are definitely on the radar of relaunching the fragrance line in the future but a set season has not been established yet. If you visit our website regularly, you will definitely be made aware accordingly."

Their radar can't work fast enough for me, so I'm waiting a reply to a second email. I asked if the line is available in the States, but I expect a negative answer. Two options remain: check if we can order online from their eShop in Europe. At first sight, it doesn't seem possible. The last resort would be to bother a good friend in Europe.

Honestly, what I find more annoying is that there won't be any advertisement in Canadian magazines because the product isn't available here. I'll monitor the European magazines when they come out.

Billy, please let us know if you have any additional information.
Post #215181
Posted 11 June 2012 14:01

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 January 2013 13:31
But where's the picture? I didnt think James smelled of anything? Hotel soap or Household Cavalry Horses? Prada...

maybe his girlfriends perfume..

Post #215193
Posted 11 June 2012 17:19

Supreme Being

Last Login: 28 June 2014 01:51
before the mexx perfume is out in store it would probably be on this website
Post #215203
Posted 11 June 2012 19:32

Supreme Being

Finally a picture!   And a dodgy translation from German.

http://magazin.flaconi.de/james-blunt-fuer-mexx-pure-man-2/

Sephan Mischek

In August of this year launched its new perfume Mexx Pure Man and Woman. The event fragrance for men is presented here by the charming singer James Blunt.

Mexx Pure Man - authentic and down to earth james blunt is a man who is himself and his principles. The singer-songwriter with the distinctive voice can point to countless musical successes. It was succeeded as the first British singer Elton John has to climb to the top of the Billboard charts. In addition, he could crack countless sales records. An extraordinary achievement, which has the likeable 28 year old but not prompted to lose traction. James Blunt is an authentic, straightforward man, and therefore the ideal brand ambassador for the new Mexx Pure Man

Mexx Pure One - plain and clear, not only James Blunt himself has much in common with Mexx Pure One, but also his music. So simple and clear as his catchy folk-songs, the new Mexx is fragrance. A scent of sparkling clarity and freshness. A sparkling, vibrant fragrance that attracts as the music of James Blunt on simple and direct style, people under his spell and do not want to let go.

Mexx Pure One - honest and natürlichMit the involvement of James Blunt campaign face for Mexx Pure You go out at the same time also a message to all friends scent: Just be yourself! Mexx Pure One asks his audience to convince and to pretend not to take with natural affectation.

This is the Pure One perfume to his buyer, the same claims as to show himself a fragrance, honesty and strength of character and demands of its support. Because these are the values ​​that constitute real success.

Post #215209
Posted 11 June 2012 20:09

Supreme Being

Oooh nice pic! Now I just need a little hug to smell that fragrance!

LMAO, he's 28 now??!!

Oh Blunty you're so fine
You're so fine
You blow my mind, hey Blunty, hey Blunty!

**sung to the tune of Hey Mickey!

Thanks for posting, Jbfan!!
Post #215217
Posted 11 June 2012 20:34

Supreme Being

Another short article including contact datas.

http://blog.duftstars.de/index.php?id=227&no_cache=1&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=231&cHash=e2a9a19bc4b3f2a3dfb0959aae67ab7a

James Blunt's new brand ambassador for Mexx Pure

MEXX fragrances would be James Blunt as a brand ambassador and face of the new men's fragrance campaign Mexx Pure able to announce. Mexx Pure is a fresh, lively and sparkling new fragrance. Authentic and real, an inspiration for a casual, relaxed lifestyle.

"I am delighted to be representing Mexx Pure," said James Blunt. "I like the Clear and Simple Pure at MEXX, the scent is uncomplicated, fresh and authentic. It suits my credo, I remain true to yourself! "

Jean-Paul Jansen, marketing director of P & G Prestige adds: "It is with great pleasure that James Blunt will be able to win a new brand ambassador for Mexx Pure. He is a fantastic artist, confident and authentic - the perfect embodiment of all that is what Mexx Pure ".

His breakthrough came with the song "You're Beautiful" from his first album. He made him a superstar. Since then, the award-winning singer and songwriter, one record after another broken.

The MEXX fragrances, part of the international fashion brand Mexx, are available in Europe, including Russia. The launch took place in 2000 with the hugely successful MEXX signature line. Mexx Pure, the latest fragrance launch of MEXX series, will be available in August 2012 in the trade.

P & G Prestige
Sulzbacher Strasse 40 | 65824 Schwalbach am Taunus
Nina Glaser | Press and Public Relations
Tel 06196 89-3412 | Fax 06196 89-29607
E-mail: @ pg.com glaser.n

Post #215229
Posted 12 June 2012 13:53

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 January 2013 13:31
Thanks JBfan!
Post #215242
Posted 12 June 2012 15:12

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 14:49
Thanks Jbfan132, I will translate it if you don't mind!

Post #215244
Posted 13 June 2012 00:11

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 May 2014 14:56
Nice pic, thanks for posting the link Aline!

Hooked - your post cracked me up!    In my mind that version of "Hey Mickey/Blunty" is now the official Mexx Pure campaign song!  

The other thing that made me laugh were James' comments about the smell of the perfume and how it fits with his "credo".  I'm guessing something got lost in the Google translation, but it's hard to imagine James actually saying those words. 

Maybe I've slipped into a parallel universe, because this all seems so unreal to me.  I'm now imagining him moving onto other campaigns for aftershave, hair products and so on... muttering phrases like "Product X... for the man who doesn't have to try too hard"... or "Product X... because I'm worth it!" then staring into the camera with a pouty expression on his face!   Ah well, if you've got it, flaunt it!

W'fan
Post #215258
Posted 13 June 2012 08:06

Supreme Being

Last Login: 24 June 2014 15:58
I can`t wait to smell this scent!

28 years..... Now it is sure...If you wear this fragrance you will look at least 10 years younger.
Post #215262
Posted 16 June 2012 04:03
Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 June 2014 20:09
Thanks for all the info Jbfan!!!!

I was a bit surprised when I read this but then again, James did say he would do some other stuff after his touring!

For the first time I wouldn't mind a large commercial campaign for this new male scent!

Post #215356
Posted 18 June 2012 18:52

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 July 2014 19:29
Thommy already told me his birthday wish......

not sure if it will smell the same way like on James´body.... that´s what I will find out next tour

Post #215415
Posted 20 June 2012 16:15

Supreme Being

Wolverinefan (13/06/2012)
Nice pic, thanks for posting thelink Aline!

Hooked - your post cracked me up! In my mind that version of "Hey Mickey/Blunty" is now the official Mexx Pure campaign song!

The other thing that made me laughwere James' comments about thesmell of the perfume and how it fitswith his "credo". I'm guessing something got lost in the Google translation, but it's hard to imagine James actually saying those words.

Maybe I've slipped into a parallel universe, because this all seems so unreal to me.I'm now imagining him moving onto other campaigns for aftershave, hair products and so on... muttering phrases like "Product X... for the man who doesn't have to try too hard"... or "Product X... because I'm worth it!" then staring into the camera with a pouty expression on his face! Ah well, if you've got it, flaunt it!

lol Wolvie, it just seemed to fit so well. Plus, I have to listen to that song every day at work so it never really leaves my mind! Yes, let's make it the official Mexx Pure song!

I also can't picture him saying that. But maybe he is getting into a different mode now with this kind of work. Gotta speak the language of the trade you're in!

I'm in that parallel universe with you but it's better than disappearing all together. At least he is still out there and not out of the public eye completely on down time. I think it's good to stay visible but that's just me.

Don't forget the 'don't hate me because I'm beautiful' line!! Oh how funny!! And I think he can't help having that pouty expression...not complaining though....

Post #215524
Posted 21 June 2012 01:49
Supreme Being

Last Login: 04 May 2014 20:40
Speaking of "Gotta speak the language of the trade you're in!" and in reference to Wolverinefan's poking fun at the now (in)famous tagline "Because You're Worth It," I hope the cosmetic industry marketing guys will be sharp enough to take full-blown advantage of James' personal brand of humour to promote the MEXX mens' fragrance line.

I say this because of L'Oreal's "new face" in the American launch campaigns for their mens' skincare product line: Hugh Laurie.

As an actor, he is relentlessly hysterical as krankmeister Dr. Gregory House (the American t.v. show that wrapped up recently after 7 seasons) but as a male model? A very unlikely candidate.

That is, until I saw his ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzmbJPMN8yA

I can't even imagine what direction the ads might take if MEXX were to let James cut loose in the same vein.

On the other hand, I would be perfectly happy if they were to settle on a steamy ad campaign a la James Bond with him & his equally hot female MEXX counterpart, Yulyia Snigir ---- they could just rip off "unlucky" track #13 from SKOT for the background "noise" in that ad, I should think.

But then again, you'd have to throw out all that stuff about "clear," "simple," and "pure" . . . all those qualifiers that James stands for
Post #215574
Posted 21 June 2012 19:32
Supreme Being

Last Login: 16 July 2014 19:15
Cinetheque (21/06/2012)
But then again, you'd have to throw out all that stuff about "clear," "simple," and "pure" . . . all those qualifiers that James stands for

Yes, those are the qualities that James stands for....... but what about the qualities that James lies down for??  Those qualities could perhaps lead us very sweetly into just the sort of ad campaign that you were describing Cin, that would definitely be worth watching.
Post #215599
Posted 22 June 2012 15:43
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 20 May 2013 13:00

Cinetheque (21/06/2012)

Simple & Pure? Not sure we listen to same Man, lol :-)

I am sure though that James would love to be described as pure. And as for simple........ I dare not to comment

Post #215640
Posted 22 June 2012 15:44
Supreme Being

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA . . . .

Oh A Friend ! Yer killin' me, just absolutely killin' me with laughter!

We of theDirtyLilBlunt fan base are pretty intent on upending and sullying the MEXX brand name, aren't we?

I guess it's a wait-&-see game to see whether MEXX goes with what James stands for --- or lies down for "Complex, dirty, AND adulterated"? (Or better yet,adult-rated?) A renegade ad campaign if there ever was for a perfume company

{Gad, now I desperately do hope that James is taking a "clean" break not only from touring but also from tripping over into these Boards. "Eeeeeek," on my end if he does fall flat into this MEXX mix.}
Post #215641
Posted 22 June 2012 15:56
Supreme Being

Dear katrinahorobin, I never would suggest James was either "simple" or "pure" --- I'm just quoting the man directly

Granted this is via Google's German to English translation . . . which always leads to some very colourful results. My hands-down favourite is James "spraying the crowd with himself" in one particular translation of his German concert reviews from 2011.

VELL, I will stand by my interpretation of James as being extremely "giving" of himself.

{I probably should resist the temptation to mention his fondness for dogs, now shouldn't I? A Friend, you should take over.}
Post #215643
Posted 28 June 2012 10:58
Supreme Being

Last Login: 16 July 2014 19:15
Oh Cin, I'm just getting over the "spraying the crowd with himself" translation - just love the images that conjures up!!

Can't possibly let my mind wander to the "fondness for dogs" remark.
Post #215810
Posted 11 July 2012 00:02

Supreme Being

Thanks to RoseApril for this info found on a Russian website. I won't post the link because it seems to cause a panic on the computer. A kind of virus alert or something not funny.

Translated from Russian by Google.

10 July 2012

Julia and James Blunt Snigir in advertising perfume MEXX

Julia Snigir continued cooperation with MEXX : this time she became the face of new fragrance brand - MEXX Pure. The company was an actress in commercials musician James Blunt (his hit You're Beautiful is not only heard muffled).

Julia and James, according to representatives of the brand, are the perfect embodiment of the concept of flavor: fresh, lively, sparkling, it is designed for people who are important in the real value.

Snigir its collaboration with the brand commented as follows:

I was the face of fashion MEXX three seasons in a row, and very glad that now I will be more of this brand and flavor! I like spontaneity and sincerity of MEXX Pure - to me it reminds me very!

Echoed by the actress and Blunt:

I have always been honest with himself and proud of who I am, therefore, clear, simple and clear philosophy fragrance came to my liking. He's such a fresh and sincere!

We are waiting for the appearance of perfume on our shelves!

The male model, our man:
http://tinyurl.com/78h6p7r

The female model, Julia Snigir:
http://tinyurl.com/7rjhasl
Post #216258
Posted 11 July 2012 08:02

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 16:39
jbfan132, thanks for posting photo of James. Is this the picture that will advertise the fragrance?
Post #216261
Posted 11 July 2012 09:18

Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 July 2014 20:47
Thanks Jbfan for helping me out and getting it posted. There's a higher resolution picture (the same one) on elle.ru (as in Elle magazine)

http://www.elle.ru/ludi/novosty/james-blant-i-yuliya-snigir-lica-mexx

Google translated:

Faces a new advertising campaign paired flavor MEXX Pure became world-renowned musician, James Blunt and Russian actress and model Julia Snigir.

According to the brand new product can be described as a fresh, sparkling fragrance, created for people who are important in the real value.

"I was very happy when I was asked to represent the MEXX Pure. I have always been honest with himself and proud of who I am, therefore, clear, simple and clear philosophy fragrance came to my liking. He's such a fresh and sincere!" - Talks about his collaboration, James Blunt.

As for the Russian actress Julia Snigirev, then it is not the first experience with the brand MEXX. "I was the face of fashion MEXX three seasons in a row and am very glad that now I will be more of this brand and flavor! I like the immediacy and sincerity of MEXX Pure - to me it reminds me very!" - Said Julia.

Post #216263
Posted 11 July 2012 10:50

Supreme Being

Last Login: 18 July 2014 20:51
OH WOW!!!!!!!
Thank you for posting
Post #216267
Posted 13 July 2012 02:22

Supreme Being

It is possible that other photos will be published for the advertising campaign. The future (or Billy) will tell.

If I was in Europe, I would keep an eye on Elle magazine August and September issues. The article posted previously comes from Elle Russia. Just a thought.

Post #216326
Posted 13 July 2012 06:44

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 01 October 2013 05:46
The photos are super HOT!  James is model material for sure.
Post #216328
Posted 13 July 2012 14:11

Supreme Being

Last Login: 28 June 2014 01:51
[quote]jbfan132 (13/07/2012)
It is possible that other photos will be published for the advertising campaign. The future (or Billy) will tell.

u forgot James, he would post on facebook and twitter
Post #216334
Posted 13 July 2012 17:42

Supreme Being

Another yummy...er, I mean...nice pic!!

Um, how come I don't know how to do the text thing where it's crossed out..?
Post #216337
Posted 16 July 2012 03:14

Supreme Being

There is a higher resolution photo that you can download by clicking "James Blunt" in the white rectangle on the right. No need to speak German.

http://www.fragrancefoundation.de/index.php?id=223&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=230&cHash=46d19e05a1c446891af3aca5907c5585

Post #216471
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

««12345»»»

All times are GMT, Time now is 2:11am