Register using Facebook

Please also select your country:

Where are you from?

We think you're from UK, but you can change your region above any time for local news and competitions!

Do not show me this message again.

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

««123»»

Storm Damage Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 14 April 2014 21:38
LD- So sad to hear that. Awfull !My thoughts are with you and your family.

I hope everything wents well to you soon. All the best.

I get so angry with this things.Seems that bad things always happen to good people.People who suffered more...that's not fair !

Do you not consider going to the witch?LOL   

Just saying...

If i can help and do something for you,you know how to reach me.

Love and light to you.

PS: All the luck to your cats.I know how those things are . I can't stand the idea of being without my dog also.

Post #205337
Posted 08 January 2012 18:00

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 23:34
Thankyou Granja

Maybe i am the witch! Mwwwaaahhhaaaahhaaaa

I know Mr. LD would say so

Post #205338
Posted 08 January 2012 19:15

Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 February 2014 16:20
[quote]Lithuanian, glad you have a cat that sleeps like that too! It is worrying when you are calling them and they don't come or miaow or do anything, grrrr
/quote]

The way my cats sleeps sometimes is weird, too. Just imagine humans sleeping like that!
Though I'm sure there are some who do ...

Your cats react when you call them?! I guess mine isn't properly educated then (not my fault, though).

Good Luck with the further development of the caravan-, tree-, ...-problem, again
Post #205347
Posted 08 January 2012 19:29

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 June 2013 22:58
OMG Jan, that looks indeed horrible!! My prayers are with you!

Cheers, Mona*
Post #205349
Posted 08 January 2012 20:48

Supreme Being

Last Login: 09 April 2014 15:21
DolphinInTheSea (08/01/2012)
Your cats react when you call them?! I guess mine isn't properly educated then (not my fault, though).

Err, maybe that's because you're a dolphin and cats don't like swimming?  That may go some way to explaining their reticence in following you through the waves!

Be firm with those insurance people LD and if they try to make some ridiculously low offer be prepared to play hard ball with them (sometimes they test the water a bit with the first offer).  Also, if they won't pick up the full costs (due to policy excess or whatever reason) consider going after the owners of the site, because from what you've told me there is an argument that they have some liability here (considering you'd already raised concerns about the safety of those trees).  Good luck LD.

W'fan
Post #205359
Posted 08 January 2012 21:02

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 21:00
I saw this topic and never thought it would be you!  I am so so sorry LD.  What another horrible start to a new year.  Thank god that you, Mr LD and your two babies are safe.  What a terrible thing to happen and as if you haven't had enough over the last few years.  You are well overdue for some good luck. Best of luck with everything  If only I could win the lottery ... 

Take care.

Love and hugs to you both.

Rebecca

xxx

Post #205361
Posted 09 January 2012 03:26

Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 09:17

It sounds like you are embarking on yet another adventure LD. Get it emBARKing. Alright you can stop looking at me like that. My humour needs a bit of polishing. Ummmmm…….Hello LD. Where did you go?

Ms Honey looks through her legs and sees LD hugging a shirtless man who is turning blue rather quickly.*

Oh I see you discovered my present to you LD. Since it’s summer over here I thought you might like one of our Aussie men to keep you occupied (company).Now I’m not sure what you can do with him but if………..where has she gone now?

*Ms Honey looks behind and sees LD pushing Mr LD out of the caravan and down a hill with the logger men running after him.*

Post #205372
Posted 09 January 2012 13:08

Supreme Being

Last Login: 16 April 2014 16:24
ms.honey welcome back! no matter what was the reason of your return, we are very happy to see you here! You have unique sense of humour that cheers up the dullest sky
The most important thing is that LD and her family is in a good health and safe. Houses can be rebuilt, the beloved ones we lose usually not.
LD, I hope everything with insurance company goes well.
Post #205398
Posted 09 January 2012 14:02
Supreme Being

Last Login: 30 March 2014 14:29
Hello, Ms Honey, lovely to see you back on the boards!

Your sense of humour seems in great shape to me and your present-picking skills are awesome!!
Post #205406
Posted 09 January 2012 18:59

Supreme Being

Thankyou everyone for your lovely messages!

OMG ms. honey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it really you?!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!

Yes, emBARKing.............very good............ahem............

Ooooh thankyou for the hunky Aussie tree cutter.....you might not see me for a while now......Mr. LD is fine....he's just gone for a little ride.......c'mon then Bruce, show me your chopper!

Post #205439
Posted 09 January 2012 19:13

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 23:11
HELLOOOO!!! ms honey 
Post #205447
Posted 09 January 2012 19:31
Supreme Being

Good luck with the insurance people tomorrow LD.  I hope they are sympathetic.
Post #205457
Posted 10 January 2012 00:48

Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 04:57
Oh no LD! Sorry to read all the bad luck coming on your way again. Only you can tell us a dreadful story like that and make us smile at the same time with your witty jokes! At least, no one was injured and the cats are safe. This is the most important. I wish everything will turn out well with the insurance company so you can have all the damages repaired quickly. Hugs to both of you. xx
Post #205486
Posted 10 January 2012 01:01

Supreme Being

Ah, I see Ms.honey has returned with a special gift for LD! Don't worry about him turning blue with cold Ms.honey, something tells me LD will find a way to warm him up! 

As silly puns are now the order of the day, wood now be a good time to speculate on whether LD has recovered yet, from being uprooted?   Hopefully that Aussie bloke will know how to cheer her up, because Ms.honey tells me he used to be a Chippendale!

W'fan
Post #205488
Posted 10 January 2012 03:07

Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 06:01
Jan! so sorry I didn't see this topic before, but between laugh, I really hope that you can fix your home, I love the way you think in a positive way, and I hope that all the love of the boardies gives you an extra strenght!!!

take care my friend!!!!

Post #205491
Posted 10 January 2012 16:04

Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 03:22
lonelydancer (08/01/2012)
Thankyou Granja

Maybe i am the witch! Mwwwaaahhhaaaahhaaaa

I know Mr. LD would say so

LD!!! Well, you are looking after the Boardie Broomstick!!

OMG! Talking of the Broomstick! Does it need a few repairs or did it fly off in time??   Seriously though,Good luck with the Insurance.  Hope you are ok.

Post #205535
Posted 10 January 2012 18:14

Supreme Being

Last Login: 15 April 2014 21:01
just saw this topic and read all the shit that happened to you both!

We are deeply dismayed by your story

But it is so funny as well to read because of your sweet humor Jan

It is worse than a science fiction movie and we calmed down as we knew that you, Tony and your kids are okay!!!!

We keep all our fingers crossed for you both that the insurance company will pay the damage and you be in your own home very soon.

warm hugs

ina and thommy

Post #205555
Posted 10 January 2012 21:56

Supreme Being

Thanks again guys for all the messages, your support really helps

Oh...um...yes....TK....sorry.....forgot to say about our special Boardie Broomstick....needs a bit of repair....sorry

Well, the insurance guy had to put us off until tomorrow now, so another day in suspense

All the woodcutters have gone now....typical, we had sunshine today!!!!!!!

One bit of good news though, we may be able to move back in tomorrow if they re-connect our gas, we can live in the lounge, there is a sofa bed, (don't know where Mr. LD will sleep:hehe) a little electric fire and we have a shower room and loo that is in use, it's just the bedrooms we can't go in as they could collapse completely on top of us, not only that but it's a bit chilly in there with a bloody great hole in the roof 

Post #205588
Posted 10 January 2012 22:22
Supreme Being

Hi LD, sorry your insurance people had to put things off for another day.  I suppose there must be other people with storm damaged property for them to look into but when you are the ones left in suspense for yet another day it's no fun is it, nor is it very professional for meetings to be arranged and then cancelled!

It sounds good that you may be able to move back in soon as only the bedrooms are a no-go area, but I would be a bit worried about moving back in if the hole in the roof is not repaired, at least temporarily, as you will either be very cold or spending a fortune on heating.  Let's hope that the insurance people tomorrow have some encouraging news for you so that you can really get things put right again!
Post #205590
Posted 11 January 2012 00:14

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 13:44
All the best for today with the insurance guys then LD

We had a lucky escape recently - had a tree surgeon round to look at a 40' plus tree that we wanted taking down and he found it was totally rotten inside. Thank goodness it didn't come down in the gales - would have flattened the greenhouse, garage and maybe even the neighbour's conservatory - eeek!!!

"Music : a backstage pass to the soul"
Post #205610
Posted 11 January 2012 02:20

Supreme Being

Last Login: 08 March 2014 17:12
Ms. Honey Awe, so good to see you here! Always know how to turn a frown upside down. emBARKing... {{{{{Hugs to you}}}}}

~

Jan, I wish all the best with the insurance company.. Paper work can be tedious, yet, is necessary of course. That's great that you may be able to stay at your home hmmm A friend has a point though. Even if the bedroom is closed off there's still the heating the area your sleeping in that could likely cause your heating bill to rise from the chill from the bedrooms. Something tells me that you may already know that..

~

Keep cozy and patient sweetheart.

Take it easy

Post #205615
Posted 11 January 2012 08:04
Supreme Being

Last Login: 18 March 2014 11:48
[Was that a ms.honey sighting under this thread? What the Madonna . . .???]

Dear LD, I saw the first photo of the damage to your caravan and just couldn’t go through with the rest for fear of how much worse they might be Very traumatic.

Someone upstairs has a lot of explaining to do with this post-NYE climactic craziness. I’m just glad to read that your family, Mister & the cats, are safe and sound.

Fingers crossed for you and the insurance guy . . . no, no, no I didn’t mean that you should get it on with the insurance guy but well, you know that he would be sympathetic to your situation and come through for you. (Christ, I’m not sure that sounds better either . . . . ms.honey, help me out here. We need another Chippendale guy.)

Post #205637
Posted 11 January 2012 17:26

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 23:11
Jan, hope everything went well today
Post #205688
Posted 11 January 2012 19:30

Supreme Being

Thankyou guys, your support has been overwhelming

Unfortunately i had to leave Mr. LD to see the insurance guy today, i couldn't get the time off work but he called me at work and explained that he had been and was talking about building another back half, the damaged part, and sticking it on to the front part! I said WTF?!!!!!!!!

It sounded like one of those dodgy cars where they get 2 different cars and weld them together!!!!! I was horrified, i really didn't want that!!!!! I was almost in tears again, then Mr. LD told me that the insurance guy was now talking to our site manager, an hour later Mr. LD called me back again and said we have a new caravan coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must have been something the site manager said again, he has a very good head on his shoulders, very clever with business whereas me and Mr. LD are useless at that sort of thing, which is probably why we are not in business and our site manager is!

So, we moved back into our lounge today

We will receive our new home after the shut down of the site in mid-February, they will move our damaged one to one side, put the new one on our plot and then we can just transfer everything across that way, we are allowed to go on site during shut down as long as we don't sleep there overnight, so that is perfect timing really

When we move back on site mid-March, we move straight back into our new home

So, a nice happy ending.............such a breath of fresh air!!!!

I do appreciate all of your support, your messages, PM's and texts, you have been fantastic, as usual, thankyou so much everyone!

I bet you are all relieved that i won't be turning up on your doorstep with a suitcase!!!!

Post #205708
Posted 11 January 2012 19:54
Supreme Being

Oh, LD, this sounds like a perfect solution, I'm so pleased that things seem to be working out for you and Tony at last.  It's lucky your site manager was available to talk some sense into the insurance guy!

This doesn't sound bad at all, a bit of discomfort and inconvenience in the damaged caravan, then your obligatory "holiday" away from home and then a brand new caravan to move into in the spring.  Hope it all goes smoothly from now on.

Post #205710
Posted 11 January 2012 19:55
Supreme Being

Last Login: 18 March 2014 11:48
CONGRATS LD!!!! Secretly, this is exactly the outcome I was hoping for, a brand new caravan. So yeah, maybe things do happen in mysterious ways and I should cut the guy upstairs some slack

Just let us know when the housewarming party is . . . .
Post #205711
Posted 11 January 2012 20:25
Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 02:33
Phew, finally some good news for you LD!!!

Congratulations, I am glad things turned out well for you, Mr.Ld and the kids!!!

Just one thing:  does this mean Jaybee and Mr Pickles won't be spending some holiday time at our place???

@ms. honey: great to have you back!!!

Post #205713
Posted 11 January 2012 20:34

Supreme Being

The insurance guy sounds totally clueless!  Thank goodness your site manager talked some sense into him.  Sounds like he has made amends for his previous lack of action concerning those demon trees.  So, in summary, he saved your life and now he's made sure you will get a brand new caravan - he seems to have gone from zero to hero!

I'm so pleased about this latest development.  How fantastic it is that those storm clouds turned out to have a silver lining, after all.   It couldn't happen to a nicer boardie.

W'fan
Post #205715
Posted 12 January 2012 10:14

Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 09:17
lonelydancer (11/01/2012)
I bet you are all relieved that i won't be turning up on your doorstep with a suitcase!!!!

*Ms Honey packs the spare Chippendale away in a box that she had ready for LD’s stay. Ms Honey pushes him under the bed then pulls him back out and removes Wolverinefan from the box and gives her a cross look. Wolvie jumps out, sniggers and goes to walk out with a sheepish grin while Ms Honey pushes the Chippendale back under the bed.  Wolvie taps Ms Honey on the shoulder and points to the guest bedroom door where they see Blunty Boardies’ lined up with big grins on their faces. Ms Honey’s claps her hands in excitement to see so many people wanting to come and stay with Wolvie and her. Next minute Wolvie and Ms Honey get pushed to the ground by Boardies’ running to the guest bed and trying to climb under it trying to get to the Chippendale. Ms Honey and Wolvie’s last vision before they pass out is of Boardies’ buttocks waving all over the place under the bed except for Cin’s who is quietly sitting in the corner organising a Chippendale sharing schedule.*

Ms Honey's back? Really?  Where?  Whoops that's me.  Shucks!    It's nice to be missed so much.

Post #205762
Posted 12 January 2012 11:01

Supreme Being

Last Login: 08 March 2014 17:12
Awe WOW! That's wonderful and promising news for you all.. Very happy that the site manager was able to talk directly to the insurance guy. Myself wouldn't know too much on business either, but always a good thing that when you sign anything reading the whole policy and fine prints, asking questions, is not only a good way to learn more, but to save your arse. Did I just say arse? I do believe I did.. lol

You finally have some sun from all that stormy weather tossing your life around. As said Ms. LD you're a strong woman and independent on many levels. Hang in there, all too soon you, Tony and your babies will be moving into your new home. Congratulations love!

~

Did somebody say chippendale..? *looks around the guest room turns and whispers to Cin, "needn't put me on that schedule they're not my type. Meanwhile laughing so hard inside for those who are in line, gracious..."

~

Hugs to you Ms. Honey

Group hug to all of you, Lonelydancer you don't have be a lonely dancer anymore. You've got a lot of dance support here...

Post #205763
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

««123»»

All times are GMT, Time now is 9:45am