Register using Facebook

Please also select your country:

Where are you from?

We think you're from UK, but you can change your region above any time for local news and competitions!

Do not show me this message again.

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

««1234»»»

What kind of James Blunt fan are you? Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 16 July 2013 23:56
Just a music eclectic, not in the mood for stalking fan,   would love to meet him though.  Would be too nervous to speak probably. 
Post #201584
Posted 29 November 2011 09:55
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 22 June 2012 07:19
I know what you mean, I feel similarly.  I am a self confessed fan and my respect and admiration for James as an artist and as a person has grown over the last year in many ways. I also feel more protective towards him especially with the UK paparazzi reputation and on an emotional level I feel much closer.

When I think back to the first two albums, I was an admirer from a distance but was then and remain today very eclectic in my musical tastes.  It's enough for me to put James Blunt in league with people like Cat Stevens, Elton John, Billy Joel and he is probably alone in the solo male singer songwriter category of the 2000's, that I can think of straight way. 

I try not to idolise or put him onto a high pedastal and see him as a human being with unique talent and a big heart. I feel nervous too about talking to James but I am really looking forward to getting over the fear, feel the fear and then do it anyway!!!

Post #201614
Posted 29 November 2011 10:55

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 17 May 2012 15:31
I'm a huge fan of his humour
Post #201617
Posted 05 January 2012 18:17
Supreme Being

Last Login: 06 January 2012 08:44
C, all of you As make me feel bad!
Post #205052
Posted 05 January 2012 20:15
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 08 January 2012 16:37
A combi of A and B, I absolutely love him, but I've never seen him live or something, he's not much in our country
Post #205073
Posted 06 January 2012 20:54

Supreme Being

Last Login: 01 July 2014 10:45
l'm a bluntaholic.... having said that...l'm a bit of everything..altho l'm certainly not in the closet l'm loud and proud of being a bluntaholic that is l'm usually very meek and mild..hahahahha
Post #205189
Posted 09 January 2012 12:33

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 July 2014 19:56
Before I found you, I was genuine C. So, I love James Blunt music because of lyrics and melody, but I am not sure if I could ever feel the same about James Blunt himself
Thanks to you all, now I am huge fan of his humour like cassiopee is.
Post #205394
Posted 19 January 2012 18:57
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 05 January 2014 11:55
F-definitely not a crazy obsessed fan, but a girl who sees her feelings written by a beautiful way in those lyrics and expressed perfectly in that melody , a fan who will always be there to this guy's songs, wishing him all the best luck and the univers success ))
Post #206515
Posted 20 January 2012 01:40
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 20 January 2012 01:37
I'm like A, but not that much. I mean, I love his songs, and music, and I watch every video, but I'm not that much a fan of him I think.
Post #206547
Posted 21 January 2012 04:01
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 24 January 2012 21:13
I am totally a Type A fan! I listen to his CDs every time I am in the car...and I drove 4000 miles this past summer listening to his latest CD the entire way! Love, love, love James Blunt! He needs to come to the US so that I can see him live! I am also looking for a great song for my wedding so please let me know if you can think of a James Blunt song that would be great for a first dance song...and not "You're Beautiful"...I'm a bit too self conscious to use that song..
Post #206662
Posted 25 January 2012 01:14

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 01 October 2013 05:46
Type A.

I am a" Hella HUGE" James Blunt fan!!!

I traveled 10 hours to his latest concert , and back  the next day....just to get a chance to see him live. I have all of his songs memorized, and I play them constantly. I dont think there is one you tube video, or interview I have ever missed. I have yet to meet him . But I did end up in the "Ill be your man" video, and I touched him on his way down to the stage.  One day I hope to really meet him.

As attractive as he is, ( and dont get me wrong, I would probably never say no to his advances....LOL)..... I honestly think he would just be a cool guy to hang out with, and throw a few drinks back with.He is well educated, and he has an awesome sense of humor! If his true persona is like that of his lyrics, he seems like a deep, insightful man......and that VOICE! Love it. I just really love the guy. HUGE fan of both James, and his music.

Post #207116
Posted 20 February 2012 16:52

Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 August 2014 01:33
Im definitely A
Post #209432
Posted 08 March 2012 21:44

Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 09 June 2013 18:16
I must say I wake up with his music,
going to work with his music,
work all day with his music,
I go home with his music,
and fall asleep listening to him ...
What kind of fan am I?
Post #210786
Posted 04 April 2012 01:08
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 07 December 2013 15:42
Impressive.
Post #212200
Posted 06 April 2012 22:46

Supreme Being

Group: Banned Members
Last Login: 08 August 2014 11:25
I am the fan who really beleives that without his music, I wouldnt be living today....since I saw death my my own eyes,I was there....and came back to hear one of the angels I heard in heaven...
Post #212346
Posted 21 April 2012 14:06

Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 June 2014 01:31
I'm a fan of both James & his music. I'd like James even if he wasn't famous just because of his sense of humour and easy-going nature. I like his music just as much. I guess I'm a loyal fan. I'm the kind of fan who views all his gigs on YouTube.
Post #213016
Posted 21 April 2012 14:10

Supreme Being

I go to sleep to his music, too! I put "Some Kind of Trouble" on sleep-timer at night playing the songs in random order!
Post #213017
Posted 21 April 2012 14:22

Supreme Being

I like James because he's well-educated, articulate, a very sweet guy who has a great sense of humour. Easy-going nature but he could make one go weak in the knees with just one smile. He has the most beautiful blue eyes, perfect body....shall I go on? His return to Kosovo showed his caring side, whereas lots of people in the music industry are self-centred individuals.

James is a likeable person, I can't understand the haters out there.

Post #213018
Posted 21 April 2012 14:36

Supreme Being

I might be a mixture of a few. (Sorry just read the first page) As much as I love James, I'm not afraid to tell him if he writes a song I don't like or does something I don't agree with.  I try to attend as many gigs as I possibly can. But you can't blame a girl for swooning over his pretty face, tight jeans and blue eyes....after all the female species has got eyes! People usually look at you funny if you admit to liking his music so I don't really tell people just how much I enjoy James' music. Since his concert, I've definitely became an even bigger fan than I already was (if that's possible!) But I like other bands as well, so it doesn't make me look like I only listen to one particular artist or type of music.
Post #213019
Posted 08 May 2012 19:00

Forum Member

Last Login: 09 June 2013 18:16
I had a curiosity a few days ago: how many times I listen each of James's songs since february 2012. The result was: about 500. You don't have to tell me, I know I'am crazy.
Post #213711
Posted 15 May 2012 23:33

Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 August 2014 01:33
Today at school, I was listening to James's music and someone asked
if what song I'm listening to and when I said James blunt, I got different
reactions two,people laughed and they said " that singer who sings you're
beautiful"
asked them if any of they're favourite artists tried to get to afghanistan
to sings for the soiders and I also asked if they plant trees for every concert
ticket they sell on their website and they all went silent.
The other reactions were different, they were just cool with it.
Post #214031
Posted 28 November 2013 10:26

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 03:27
bump
Post #242609
Posted 28 November 2013 10:29

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Sunlight
Posted 2 days ago @ 10:32

Trinity - I don't think that wanting to meet James or missing him is a crazy notion.

Hi Trinity, I have been a reader of these boards for a long time and have seen many Boardies come and go over the years.

Your name is popping up a lot on here since 'The Tabernacle' you may not know it but it does seem you have got the JB Bug. Now the JB Bug is a little like an obsession, and its in my opinion caused by looking deeply in James Blunt's baby blue eyes. He probably held your gaze a little longer than the 5 seconds he sings about am I right?

Women who get that extra long gaze see it as a signal of interest, and then they get the bug, the bug that creates obsession. I know a few on here have had that bug, and once you have it its hard to get rid of it.

Maybe James knows about this bug, and has probably started an epidemic, hence worldwide success with his album

The bug has different symptoms in different people. Here are some of the symptoms.

1. You want to meet him.
2. You miss him like you would miss a boyfriend.
3. You see other fans as a threat.
4. You believe you will be his girlfriend.
5. You believe he is interested in you romantically.
6. You play his music a lot.
7. You fantasize about you both as a couple.
8. Collect memorabilia
9. Get Tattoos related to your idol.

The problem with the JB bug is it can get out of hand where fans may start wars of words and feelings get hurt. Then Billy has to step in.

You can't blame James for giving some of his fans long looks, he is a guy, and if there are pretty girls in the audience then he will flirt, I bet its why guys choose that profession in the first place.

If you try to imagine yourself on stage singing to a bunch of guys, and you maybe smile a bit too widely at one of the guys you think as attractive, how would you feel if you find him following you around, and posting that he misses you and wants to meet you and even goes so far as to fly thousands of miles to see you on stage for a few hours? Yeah its creepy.

Now think about other artists you own albums of. Do you want to meet them too? Do you miss them too? Of course not. Its that five second look into his baby blues that did it. Its not your fault, its just sexual chemistry, its a science.

Unless you are rich and famous, an aristocrat, or have Royal blood, there is little chance of being his girlfriend.

But of course James wants all his fans to believe they have a chance of being his girlfriend, the more who buy all of his albums and concert tickets, even flying to different countries to see him, the more money he has in his pocket to spend on the rich and famous girlfriend he will have or even marry one day.

Wonder if he has those baby blues insured?
Post #242610
Posted 28 November 2013 10:30

JB.com Admin

TheBlunties
Posted 2 days ago @ 12:30

Hi sunlight!
Interesting, interesting...
I think those symptoms you describe are caused by a condition called LOVE which doesn´t require that gaze.
Are you saying people on here should only love the music and not the man??? Really???
Would you go on a forum regularly only for the music?
Where´s my place then?
Now don´t say Bedlam
Post #242611
Posted 28 November 2013 10:35

JB.com Admin

wkdnic
Posted 2 days ago @ 14:51

I'm wondering what your intention is Sunlight?
Do you want us to argue with you and therefore declare our love for James?
Or do you want us all to see the light (hihi) and bugger off and leave you and James (and Billy) alone?
Or some other devious outcome that my pure brain can't conceive?

Sunlight
Posted 2 days ago @ 15:07

Hello Susan, I was going to use you as an example of those affected by the JB bug, and as you have told us a few times how James looked at you during his performances, and you were the top poster on here for a while, then after the Tabernacle you posted less, don't know why that was?

Love?? nah, its all just chemistry, we are biologically programmed to be seduced by long looks, its why movies and videos use them to their credit.

My motives wkdnic? Billy is always saying it is unhealthy to be too interested in the man, and should be more interested in the music, and James himself says this, and told Bethenny in an interview that he won't follow stalkers on twitter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7w8q9EJutU&feature=youtu.be
I used Trinity's quote because she was thinking it was okay to have an unhealthy interest in James wanting to meet him and thought it was normal to miss him, and I just wanted to point out in my opinion its not healthy and it is the JB bug that she is infected with.

If you notice the people who post the most on this site, have had close contact with James, its got to be those baby blues, of course I can't prove it, it is just a theory, and if it upsets anyone, its the ones who will be affected by the bug. Don't blame yourself, just blame those long looks from James

wkdnic
Posted 2 days ago @ 15:14

Just as I suspected hihihi
But you are wrong, in my case anyway, for me it was the shoes

hookedonJames
Posted 2 days ago @ 15:29

This is pretty funny because I've actually thought this for a long time. It's not even an epiphany really as it's been going on for quite some time. Whenever I see James doing a performance on TV or wherever, I say to myself...is he ever going to stop seducing us with those eyes? lol I swear I really do. It's pretty obvious and I do wonder if it's even a conscious thing for him. Maybe that comes with a lot of...um, experience? I don't know but as stated we are wired for seduction and longing looks, etc. We can't help it. I just hope it's not done intentionally to play with people's emotions. To me, that's not right. That kind of seduction should come from a place of honesty and when a man does want to try to win over a woman out of sincerity. Yeah, that's naive but to use that as a weapon for other purposes and let's face it, we all know his eyes can be quite a weapon, only causes problems. But, maybe all's fair in love and music? I don't know... But I know he doesn't need to do that. His talent, voice, music, etc. speaks for itself and he doesn't need anything else. But I think he just can't help himself!

wkdnic
Posted 2 days ago @ 15:31

The first time I met him I was hypnotised by his shoes, white converse, didn't even manage to look in his eyes
Explain that?! Hihihi

TheBlunties
Posted 2 days ago @ 18:43

So, am i the only one on here who hasn´t had ´the gaze`
i´m outta here...

pauletteh36
Posted 2 days ago @ 19:07

Dont worry theblunties i havent either, what i dont understand about all this is why is it so bad to say your true feelings here, is it me?
Billy you say it's not about meeting james but about his music, i havent met him yet but i would like to and there are so many people here still doing everything they can to be at a studio or anywhere where james will be even thogh there will be no music, is it me again?

Sunlight
Posted 2 days ago @ 20:52

Hi Asmina, so James is a snake in the grass? Do I have a cure? Blindfolds

The first person I fell in love with when I was in primary school was this man. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4NZYHxgpog He flirted with the camera, I didn't even know who he was, then I saw him on Top of the Pops, and Asmina, I was indeed mesmerized. I was convinced I was in love

But Wkdnic, shoes do it for some, looks do it for others

I think there is more in a look than we realise, sometimes when a guy looks at you like that its like he has entered your soul and turned on a switch. The Indian movies capture that look very well. And the olden day movies, but sadly today the movie industry seem to have forgotten its power. But James appears to know its power

My ex husband won me with that look.

I remember once, I began piano lessons again as an adult, the guy in the shop stood on a stair and looked at me for a long time before coming down off the stairs and shaking my hand, just like in a movie, and well I did sort of get a crush on him, but then as I was leaving a new lady was signing up for piano lessons, and guess what, he stood on a stair and gave her the same look, and shook her hand, it was a game, a game that worked So Hooked, I do believe it is a conscious thing

Boys like playing with chemistry, its their nature

Music has a certain chemistry too. James will know the chemistry. Its an art, an art he did a dissertation on. Yes our sweet Captain James is in control of his ship

wkdnic
Posted 2 days ago @ 22:32

I strongly disagree.

TheBlunties
Posted Yesterday @ 07:46

Pauletteh, i wonder the same thing.
What´s his homepage for? Obviously not only for his music. Otherwise a lot of threads would be deleted like in General Blunt.
I don´t understand this discussion. Why ask why? Science, chemistry...
When i came here i thought this was the place for swooning, too...

Sunlight
Posted Yesterday @ 08:12

The Blunties, you said the reason people miss him, want to meet him was due to love. Well you guys are not going to like this, its not love its hero worship, idolisation, and it is unhealthy to feel this way about celebrities whether you agree or not. James himself criticises us for following celebrities. He blames the death of Whitney Housten on people clicking on the internet to find out about her, and then the paparazzi seek them out because people actively seek out the news about celebrities.

It is idol worship. And can lead to a mental illness called erotomania.

I will open another thread as it is not really suitable here. In the miscellaneous thread 'Love James or is it just Hero Worship and Idolisation?'
Post #242612
Posted 28 November 2013 10:45

JB.com Admin

Alikerstina
Posted Yesterday @ 12:50

I agree James looks and eyes make it easy for people to fall under his spell. I do not agree that he has done this on purpose, ok maybe for your beautiful video where he was staring into the camera and unbuttoning his shirt lol! I fell under his spell but I am over that now. I just appreciate the music. James looked so much like my ex boyfriend that I can totally understand how I became obsessed! I am over him now and over James in that way. It is a bit unhealthy yes but it was great to feel like a teenager again and have a crush on a pop star! Made me feel more alive and I think others on here can relate. James does not need to fear his stalkers but can totally understand why he would want to keep his distance. Nothing to do with looking at individuals in the audience although that would make my night ,year ,life

melissabee
Posted Yesterday @ 13:34

Sunlight, i think it says more about you than any of us. How you think you should feel or not. If it feels good or true to me, that's my barometer. I for my part i love James. i don't resent that love. whatever anyone jugement of it. even james'.

Sunlight
Posted Yesterday @ 13:39

Oh dear. This topic isn't meant to upset anyone. Its nothing Billy hasn't been saying for years. And I bet most pop stars are warned about the symptoms of obsessive fans and erotomania.

Alikerstina thank you for your honesty and sharing with us.

Billy -is James afraid to engage with us here because we seem to focus so much attention on meeting him rather than enjoying his music?

Billy is right, it should be about the music and not the man, and I bet James too would agree with that. But even without the long looks, he has been known to hug individuals and kiss them as they wait for autographs, so really he is campaigning for celebrities to have more privacy, yet he is encouraging fans to become obsessive. I bet if he stopped the after show signings the obsessive fans who go to every show, queue from morning til night to get a front row viewing, wait for hours after the show to see him face to face in the rain and snow and those who surf the net looking for every piece of memorabilia or information about him may get cured and start to lead normal lives.

If you think you have any of the symptoms of the JB bug, I will add getting tattoos to that list too, then you will know you are not alone, and if you are a regular visitor of this site at least you will know you are in the company of other sufferers It is a bug that causes mental illness such as depression.

The point of all of this is, missing him and wanting to meet him is a warning sign and is not normal. James knows who the sufferers are because he will see them the most often.

Trinity
Posted Yesterday @ 16:41

Sunlight (26/11/2013)
Trinity - I don't think that wanting to meet James or missing him is a crazy notion.

Hi Trinity, I have been a reader of these boards for a long time and have seen many Boardies come and go over the years.

Your name is popping up a lot on here since 'The Tabernacle' you may not know it but it does seem you have got the JB Bug. Now the JB Bug is a little like an obsession, and its in my opinion caused by looking deeply in James Blunt's baby blue eyes. He probably held your gaze a little longer than the 5 seconds he sings about am I right?

Bahhahahaha!
Sunlight...seriously?
I must be looney-tunes then because I've been actively posting on this forum since 2005. LOL right?
Let me clear a few things up here, even though I'm in no way obligated to. I'm happily married. James is like a brother to me. I have no interest in him romantically, sexually or otherwise. I support him and his music. Does that mean I'm obsessed?
"The Bug" as you so call it, does attract fans to him, true.... but what is it that brings you here on this board? Most of us here admire James and his music and find this forum an outlet for discussion and information.
I never said it was ok to have an unhealthy interest. I wasn't talking about idolization or hero worshipping. Wanting to meet someone you admire and support isn't unhealthy to me.
Billy...I need your help, bro. Can you end my suffering and shoot me like an injured horse, please? Bahahaha!

Sunlight (151.230.237.255)
Posted Yesterday @ 18:18

Trinity you say you think of James as a brother? He is not your brother. You may call him bro but since you are one of the top posters on this site, and flew thousands of miles to see him I am not convinced. And just because people wear a wedding ring doesn't stop them from becoming obsessive about celebrities. Only you know if you have the bug.

I have already said I have no desire to meet him. I do not miss him. he is not a friend or a family member.

I am here mainly to find out when he is performing, and to watch the links of the videos people post, and to help promote his album. I did post a lot here about his music, probably posted on every song?

Or maybe, just maybe I have the bug too? But that's for me to know

wkdnic
Posted Yesterday @ 21:31

You know what sunlight I think you are right! In a way
*stands up* "I am a Bluntaholic!"
I love James obsessively, so what?
To me people that love music go and buy a cd! If people really love that music they may decide to look into what else that artist has done. By the time someone has decided to join an artists website it is already about more than the music.
I loved B2B for the phenomenal music. I listened to it again and again but it wasn't until something in ATLS touched me that I wanted to know more about James. I've been here a long time partly out of love and partly out of habit.
From what James has said recently he does appreciate the long term supporters!
And frankly unless you are James you have no right to come here and say what James thinks or feels or does!!

Trinity
Posted Yesterday @ 21:45

Sunlight (27/11/2013)
Trinity you say you think of James as a brother? He is not your brother. You may call him bro but since you are one of the top posters on this site, and flew thousands of miles to see him I am not convinced. And just because people wear a wedding ring doesn't stop them from becoming obsessive about celebrities. Only you know if you have the bug.

I have already said I have no desire to meet him. I do not miss him. he is not a friend or a family member.

Read it carefully Sunlight. I "think" of James as a brother. I didn't say he was my brother, silly.
Why be so judgemental about the people who post in these forums, Sunlight? If you think of us as obsessed then why interact with such people? Why can't you just enjoy it for what it is? A meeting place for all things Blunt.
As to the wedding ring comment....I'm pretty sure I know why you have an "ex".
And....I'm sure that James has no desire to meet you either. Ahaha

hookedonJames
Posted Yesterday @ 22:22

...and in the end it's all just harmless admiration. Unless you're a crazy stalker, which I don't really think anyone here is. There have always been different degrees of L.O.V.E. here for James as he puts it in Postcards. And honestly, I think we all have just a little bit of denial about the whole thing and that's also okay. Life is short. If someone and their music makes you feel good. Make you smile just a little bit more. Make you feel better about yourself, etc...it's all a good, good thing. There isn't anything bad about it. But if you're delusional about it and take it to strange levels, then that's not good or cool. We should keep our heads about it and keep it fun.

Also want to say, nothing against James, but there are wonderful admirers here that he doesn't seem interested in in lieu of ppl who call him the F bomb on Twitter. Why should they even get the time of day over someone who genuinely cares about his career and are invisible because he said himself he feels as if they're strange and stalkers or obsessed with him. I can't agree with that. I think a musician should always put his fans above his haters. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. I think most of us here are very sincere and shouldn't be seen as stalkers, even though maybe we act like that sometimes. Actually I have said many times that I am a terrible stalker. I have loved James's voice and music since 2006 and I don't see that changing because I am still here loving his 4th album. It's a pleasure in life that I don't want to feel guilty about and shouldn't have to feel guilty about. Of course he's cute and charming and I joke about that at times and I don't see anything wrong with that. I haven't flown thousands of miles to see him but I don't see the ones that do that as crazy or obsessed. But even if they are, so what? It doesn't affect other people. It's about the entire experience of being with others who share the same feelings as you do. To me THAT is the biggest part of it. It's the community and the appreciation for a man that makes us feel like we can be a part of his journey and makes himself available to meet and greet him when possible after sharing his music with us at the shows. Personally, I never feel that comfortable meeting him in person. Not because of anything he does, but it's not a very comfortable situation. What does a supporter say after "that was a great show" ? I am always at a loss for words at that moment and end up saying some stupid shit. lol So I would rather enjoy that gorgeous voice from a distance and enjoy the entire show. Of course I still do think it's exciting to see him afterwards when possible and I enjoy the promo pics I have but it's also a weird feeling so I'm torn. And yes, I have wanted to meet many other musicians after shows that I have gone to but most don't make themselves available the way James does so that's saying something for him.

I don't enjoy hearing him say that if someone admires him, he feels they are strange or stalkers and would rather reply to his 'detractors.' I wish he didn't feel that way. But it is what it is.

Regarding those long looks, maybe he just really appreciates and enjoys women and wants to show that. Yeah, we can go with that.

wkdnic
Posted Yesterday @ 23:26

My addiction to James is so bad!
It has got to a stage now where I can't listen to James' music. I have only listened to Moon Landing three times. I am terrified to look at the pics he posts cos they can affect me deeply. I saw the Moon Landing advert today and burst into tears! I have got a serious problem!
And yet here I am still!
So what's the cure Sunlight?
I keep telling myself that when he's married I'll be able to move on but really I know I'm totally deluded
I don't give a fuck what anyone says about my tattoo because no-one will ever know how special it is to me!

Sunlight
Posted Yesterday @ 23:28

I am sure most people here do not have erotomania, to have that you would need to believe James also loves you. But if you read the miscellaneous thread 'Love James or is it just hero worship...' Then you will see there are three different levels of obsessive fans.

Here are some scary ones
http://www.mandatory.com/2013/05/10/the-most-obsessive-celebrity-fans-stalkers-in-the-world/

Wkdnic Its hard for people to admit they are having a problem, a little like alcoholics denial. But if it is really a problem I suggest talking to your doctor. They do treat the condition with drugs, just been reading about it today, I am not an expert, in fact most of this is new to me too.

wkdnic
Posted Today @ 06:36

Thanks Sunlight I think I better had.

ICollectJB
Posted Today @ 07:25

for the record, James' music has cost me thousands to feed my obsessional collecting of his material.. I am such a weird person who has to have bulk copies of his releases in case I lose or damage copies. I was the same with another band as well from the 80s/90s Glam rock scene!

It has cost me a lot of money but through it, there have been some good people who I have interacted with, one very special person who means the absolute world to me so I look at it in a more positive light now than just thinking bad thoughts. This woman should feel very proud what she has helped me achieve.

Does James know me personally and do I know him? - No
Have I met him? - No
Is he aware of my collecting? - Yes
Has he seen my Blunt Tattoo? - Yes

I am absolutely fine with that..

All in all, I find it hard to listen to the new album but that is because I am suffering mentally with things, especially having spent hundreds of pounds on it and nearly going nuts cos it took so long to arrive when it was first released!! have probably listened to it a thousand times already anyway! - it's not just James' music I don't listen to; I can't get excited about any music at the moment really, maybe Coming round the Mountain but that is a different story..

I have listened to him a great number of times over many years and will no doubt return to obsessive listening soon! - Until then, Life goes on and each day is a step closer to achieving the aims of this life.

I also don't think it helps when others who perhaps don't understand someones love/interest/obsession/illness to offer what they may perceive as helpful information unless they are a professional, you have no idea how damaging some advice can be! - seeking professional advice is best, I did and still do and I will get there in the end.

Looking forward to the upcoming tour with a few hurdles to get over first BUT each day is a day further..

Amen! xxx

wkdnic
Posted Today @ 07:40

Very wise words Simon, thank you xxx

-susan
Posted Today @ 08:56

To be honest if anyone says anything that is different to what you want as fans, it just confirms that this is a cult movement. That's another symptom of it. That Simon has says he has a problem and other people write about feeling suicidal or that they think more about James then their husbands and are asking for help, then we should be grateful that we have someone like Sunlight who is prepared to address the problem and not pretend it doesn't exist.
Post #242613
Posted 28 November 2013 10:50

JB.com Admin

Sunlight
Posted Yesterday @ 08:15

Some facts about hero worship and idolisation below.

An idol is someone whose talents, achievements, status, and/or physical appearance are appreciated and celebrated by fans (Yue & Cheung, 2000). Idolatry, manifested in worshipping and modeling behaviors, peaks during adolescence (Raviv et al., 1996). Worshipping may be expressed by collecting idol-related memorabilia or trying to meet the idol (Dubner, 2003); modeling is the effort to emulate an idol by mimicking his or her appearance, speech, and activities (Raviv et al., 1996).

The Absorption Addiction Model, which can explain celebrity worship (McCutcheon, Lange, & Houran, 2002), suggests that fans with weak identity structures try to establish their identity and a sense of fulfillment by becoming absorbed in favorite celebrities. Intentions and behaviors caused by such absorption may be addictive and delusional. Under this model, celebrity worship advances through three stages: (1) low (i.e., entertain-ment-social, where a celebrity appeals to fans through entertainment value), (2) intermedi-ate (i.e., intense-personal, where fans’ intensive and compulsive feelings about a celebrity surface), and (3) extreme (i.e., borderline-pathological, where fans empathy-ize with celebrity successes and failures, over-identify with celebrities, and are compulsive and obsessive about the details of the celebrity’s life) (Maltby et al., 2001; McCutcheon, Lange, & Houran, 2002). The percent of celebrity worshippers in each of these three categories is 20%, 10%, and 1%, respectively (World Net Daily, 2003). This hierarchical trend of celebrity worship generalizes to other research (e.g., Martin et al., 2003; McCutcheon et al., 2003), although some studies show intermediate celebrity worship to be more prominent than low celebrity worship (Maltby et al., 2001).

Celebrity worship is comprised of four factors: hero/role model, sex-appeal, mystique, and talented artist (Stever, 1991). Hero/role models are people of iconic stature who are viewed as honest, generous, and courageous. Sex-appeal entails celebrities judged as attractive, strong, and well-dressed. Mystique centers on celebrities’ aura; words like secrecy, mystery, and misunderstood describe this factor. Talented artists, who are evaluated relative to their special abilities, are thought of as charismatic entertainers and artisans. Clearly, these factors affect fans’ dedication to worship

Some personality traits may predispose people to celebrity worship; for example, the tension, concern, feeling of awkwardness, and discomfort induced by shyness cause some people to avoid strangers and acquaintances (Cheek & Buss, 1981). As a result, shy people may pursue safe parasocial relationships (Ashe & McCutche-on, 2001). Loneliness—the discrepancy between preferred and received social interactions—correlates positively with less interpersonal communication (Rubin, Perse, & Powell, 1985). Lonely people who use mass media to fulfill their social interaction needs may become parasocially attracted to media-based personalities (Rubin, Perse, & Powell, 1985).

Celebrity worship can damage fans’ psychological and emotional well-being (Maltby, 2004). High-level celebrity worship can lead to anxiety, depression, poor mental health, and negative affect; even low-level celebrity worship can lead to social dysfunction and depression (Maltby et al., 2001; Maltby et al., 2004). Celebrity worship hinders self-understanding and interpersonal relations while creating impressions of foolishness, irresponsibility, and submissive-ness (Elliott, 1998; McCutcheon & Maltby, 2002).
Celebrity worshippers who display strong rather than weak attachments to their favorite celebrities are more likely to condone celebrity stalking (McCutcheon et al., 2006). Stalking is an obsessive disorder known as erotomania, which is a person’s delusional belief that a desirable other person loves him/her. As the desired person often is unattainable due to higher social status, higher financial status, or marriage, meaningful interpersonal contact typically is precluded (Fujii, Ahmed, & Takeshita, 1999; Zona, Sharma, & Lane, 1993). Erotomania is associated with deficits in cognitive flexibility, associated learning, verbal skills, and visuospatial skills (Fujii, Ahmed, & Takeshita, 1999). People with erotomania are socially ineffectual and have empty lives, perhaps due to oversensitivity, suspiciousness, and/or feelings of superiority (Fujii, Ahmed, & Takeshita, 1999). Sports celebrities may inspire stalking behaviors in some fans, which may lead to hostile and violent situations (Emerson, Ferris, & Gardner, 1998) requiring legal intervention (Zona, Sharma, & Lane, 1993).

Because celebrity worship may lead to violence, fans who seek contact with their favorite celebrities are often viewed as dubious, disturbed, and hostile (Ferris, 2001).
Post #242615
Posted 28 November 2013 15:52

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 13:55
Quote by hooked:

Life is short. If someone and their music makes you feel good. Make you smile just a little bit more. Make you feel better about yourself, etc...it's all a good, good thing. There isn't anything bad about it

Thank you chickie.

Spinning on my heels....so far away from real <3
Post #242622
Posted 28 November 2013 16:09
Supreme Being

Last Login: 24 July 2014 10:47
It's true if someone's music makes you happy, great, but that's not what the article is about.
Post #242623
Posted 28 November 2013 16:43

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 13:55
Quote by Simon: I also don't think it helps when others who perhaps don't understand someones love/interest/obsession/illness to offer what they may perceive as helpful information unless they are a professional, you have no idea how damaging some advice can be! - seeking professional advice is best, I did and still do and I will get there in the end.

Very true.

Susan, I really don't appreciate judgemental people posting here thinking he/she knows what's best for me, you or anyone else on this forum.

Nobody should point fingers. It's a nasty habit. 

Spinning on my heels....so far away from real <3
Post #242624
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

««1234»»»

All times are GMT, Time now is 5:50am