Register using Facebook

Please also select your country:

Where are you from?

We think you're from UK, but you can change your region above any time for local news and competitions!

Do not show me this message again.

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

CORNBURY FESTIVAL Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 00:10
After leaving home, and just passing our county border, we (my husband and I) realised we'd left the ticket at home!!   So, when we finally arrived at our hotel (no we wimped out of camping!) the first thing we did was book a taxi to the festival.  Taxi arrived within 20 minutes, and as we turned the corner, a very large mint green tour bus with blacked out windows pulled in front of us... they were staying in our hotel!   We just looked at eachother and laughed (we weren't laughing when we realised hitch-hiking might have saved us £40 in fares though!!)   Even our taxi driver was amused at how the driver managed to get this huge bus up the country lane slopes, with all the oncoming traffic having to stop in their tracks.

Not long after we arrived, we saw the band having a coffee (or maybe tea in Ben's case!) and a bite to eat in Cafe Reno, but we decided to head to the main arena for a pint and leave them to chill out.  We bumped into Pippin and her mum briefly in the afternoon, and later on got together with Wolverinefan and Tracey Kim.  I was quite impressed at Cyndi Lauper's vocal - this pint-sized lady has an incredibly powerful voice, and she just owned the stage! (which she had to roll onto!)  I am sure that the hardcore Cyndi supporters were thinking the same thing when Blunty came out later!!   

One guy behind me turned to his friend and said 'he's pretty good on the piano James Blunt, but he's not exactly going to be jumping all over the stage is he?'...  I had to bite my lip not to spoil the surprise, but this is what makes festivals so good - it's a great way of people awakening to James' music and banishing the stereotypes!   I also had to bite my lip at the pushy woman trying to move me to the right to push in (after we had held our spot - about 2/3 people back from the front - for hours!).  When someone keeps nudging you in the side and forcing pressure for 20 minutes constant, it's hard not to get angry  but she eventually gave up before I blew a gasket... wise lady indeed!

The band came on, and the energy was starting to buzz.  One look at Ben indicated where James was heading from, it's more accurate that any SatNav!   What can I say?  James and the band were just excellent, on top form!  They truly rocked Cornbury!  James mentioned that he has done many festivals, but Cornbury was one of the most beautiful locations. He also did a 'how are you at the back?' shoutout, followed by a 'how are you at the front' which got huge cheers, which was followed by a 'how are you on the stage?' from me!    The setlist was excellent, it was a good mix of old and new (with a few amendments to the tour setlist - cuts from SKOT and a few additions from B2B) which I think perfectly suited a festival.  I was glad that 'Into the Dark' was left out, as this feels like a boardie song for me, but pleased that 'Carry You Home' was included.  Of course, I would have thrown stones (aah, c'mon I don't really mean it... do I?!) if he hadn't included 'Turn Me On' but he never disappoints!!!   It was great to see so many people singing along to James' songs, and the reaction during 'I'll Be Your Man' - I'm surprised he didn't get mobbed the way the crowd lunged at him!  I would like to say a big thanks to the band at this stage - hearing the little rendition of 'ABC' during the instrumental was so good!   A couple of little girls about 5 and 7 on their parents shoulders were shouting 'Will You Marry Me?' and waving 'I heart JB' posters... sweet!  I befriended the youngest, and encouraged her to raise her hand during 1973 belting out 'Here We Go Again'... she almost drowned Blunty out!  These my dear boardie friends, are the future!!! (and the future's bright!) 

We asked at the security gates if they knew whether James had any intentions of coming to meet us (there was only 5 of us there - including Wolvie's cousin, who is on the verge of conversion!), but they didn't know, and couldn't find out.  I suppose it's difficult for James know where/if to greet people in a festival environment - he was nearly mobbed just getting to the stage - and they're not boardies!).  I had a feeling before we went that it might unlikely we would see James after the show - it's just a very different setup.  However, Wolvie sneaked in behind the barriers while security was adjusting the fence and followed James' scent to the tour bus - thankfully, she only bumped into security at the other end!!   The security guys found it as amusing as we did, and I did offer to go in and get her back - not sure why they refused my generous offer!   Tracey Kim, we must remember to get the leash from Ms. Honey for Guilfest, and I think it might be worth getting Wolvie microchipped at the same time!

We got a few photos of the buses next morning before we left the hotel, but after the late night (they left the festival later than us!) I doubt they were on the golf course!!   It was a pleasure to spend time in good company, so Wolvie, Tracey Kim and Wolvie's cousin - see you again at Guilfest in a few weeks!

Post #184381
Posted 03 July 2011 15:12

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 17 October 2014 00:04
lonelydancer (02/07/2011)

Wolfie, i'm surprised you didn't start mating with Beardy!

You'll have Hils after you if you did!

LD!!!

Giuli...thanks for posting the links to photos - there are some great ones there.  I don't think I've ever seen James look better.

Ms.honey...see what happens when you're not taking proper care of me?  Anything could have happened to Beardy me.  I love my special pink collar by the way...but I'm unsure as to why you've had the words "Dangerous - wild animal" printed on it?   Has somebody been spreading rumours again?

Annmarie - how are the bruises now?  I had a few in my back where those women near me were constantly trying to push nearer the stage - they clearly had NO IDEA how determined Blunties army can be - we didn't give them an inch did we?!?

W'fan
Post #184427
Posted 03 July 2011 17:33

Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 13:44
She is 'Dangerous, Dangerous', sorry felt a song coming on there after hearing about your new collar Wolfie

Thanks for the great review Annmarie, sounds like fun!
Post #184446
Posted 03 July 2011 18:12

Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 March 2014 22:37
Annmarie (03/07/2011)

Taxi arrived within 20 minutes, and as we turned the corner, a very large mint green tour bus with blacked out windows pulled in front of us... they were staying in our hotel!

I had to bite my lip not to spoil the surprise, but this is what makes festivals so good - it's a great way of people awakening to James' music and banishing the stereotypes!

But..that's great Annmarie
I completely agree with you, it's a perfect way to do that
Anyway, thank you for your review! I really enjoyed reading it you had an unforgettable evening, haven't you?!

You're welcome Wolverinefan
Post #184453
Posted 03 July 2011 20:47

Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 15:35
Even during my holiday trip, I can't resist to come here to see how it was for the boys and the boardies at the festivals. I'm so happy to read that you had a good time and nice weather. Thanks for your reviews and pictures. I'll be with you in spirit at the Guilfest.
Post #184466
Posted 03 July 2011 21:47

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 20:34
Great reviews ladies, thank you!! Good time was had by all then
Post #184471
Posted 03 July 2011 23:58
Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 October 2014 02:36
Excellent, interesting and so much fun! Thank you.. I have enjoyed reading the reviews of your adventures at the Cornbury Festival.  It's always thrilling and most suspencful on some details of the reviews, always pleasing to feel it with you.. Annmarie, that was so very sweet about the little girls! I hope that your bruises heal quick.. That wasn't very nice of that lady..
Post #184480
Posted 04 July 2011 00:39

Supreme Being

lonelydancer (03/07/2011)
She is 'Dangerous, Dangerous', sorry felt a song coming on there after hearing about your new collar Wolfie

Oh, so that song's about me?!?   Now I understand why James made that comment to me at Portsmouth...it's all falling into place now.

ms.honey You sure he wasn't a sheep dressed up in wolves clothing?

Ha ha ha, somebody had to say it and I'm so glad it was you Ms.Honey!

Ms.Honey...PLEASE DON'T LET THEM MICROCHIP ME! I promise I'll not slip the leash again.

W'fan
Post #184486
Posted 05 July 2011 05:24

Supreme Being

Last Login: 18 July 2014 14:54

I hate to tell you this Wolvie but you’re already micro-chipped.  I discovered it when I borrowed took stole you off Mr Blunt.  I mean the conditions he had you living in were unbearable.  You had your own little cushion with "James Blunt's Dangerous” property embroided on it in gold lettering.  You were sleeping at the end of his bed and had your own little gold water and food bowl. You were quite spoilt messed up when I carried you out of the tour bus under protest.  You are now safe and sound with me.  Perhaps that’s why you keep sniffing your way back to James’ tour bus.  I mean his scent would attract any animal female to him.

I will only let you go to Guilfest if LD promises to take care of you.  Clearly Annmarie is not capable as she is too busy sniffing after Mr Blunt herself.  LD I can trust plus she knows if she loses control of you then she will get frozen grapes thrown at her.  My grape army is at the ready and is going to watch her every move.

Post #184579
Posted 05 July 2011 08:25

Supreme Being

I am so flattered ms. honey that you would trust me to look after someone else, ha ha, truth be known i can't even look after myself!
Post #184583
Posted 05 July 2011 11:09

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 20:54
Hi Ms Honey!  Are you sure that Wolfie has been micro chipped?  I think I will bring my microchip scanner from work and check!  I will also bring my micro chip tools.  Don't worry Wolfie- it wont hurt I do this procedure everyday!!!  Its just holding you down that will be the problem!!  What do you think lovely boardies?  Do you think we can manage it!!!! Also whilst I'm on the subject I think I will bring an extending lead to Guilfest! 
Post #184588
Posted 05 July 2011 14:36

Supreme Being

Well, if it has to be done TK, I'd rather you do it than some butcher.  Me and butchers don't see eye to eye, due to a certain incident some time back with a leg of lamb...I though it was a free sample...

Ms.honey - if I've already got an old microchip maybe that explains why I was able to home in on the tour bus so easily...I wondered what that funny beeping was, that got louder as I got nearer.

I've just uploaded a few pics to the members area...James looks very happy in them.  I saw yours TK...yes, you captured that lovely smile.  He was smiling a lot that night and seemed to enjoy every moment on stage.

W'fan
Post #184602
Posted 05 July 2011 18:36

Supreme Being

TK i could sit on Wolfie while you stick it in if you like......actually, 2nd thoughts, we don't want to kill her do we

Saw your pics TK and Wolfie, lovely, just fab
Post #184616
Posted 13 July 2011 21:28

Supreme Being

WinkBall was at the Festival. I didn't see any familiar face, but it's fun to feel a bit of the atmosphere behind the people being interviewed.

www.winkball.com/walls/WkN1o0IAiCAU/cornbury-festival-friday

www.winkball.com/walls/wv7ZgXiaQsSG/cornbury-festival-friday-part-two
Post #185682
Posted 16 July 2011 21:49

Supreme Being

Good words for James in this review.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/cornbury/2011/review-dayone.shtml

James Blunt closes day one of Cornbury at a beautiful new site
Cornbury Music Festival 2011 review
Tuesday 12th July 2011

[...]

The first day of the Cornbury festival was to be headlined by James Blunt. Known for his emotional, self confessed "miserable" songs, there was no denying that James Blunt's voice is unbelievable and such a great way to end the first day of the festival. His set included newer songs off his recent album 'Some Kind Of Trouble' and he performed huge hits such as 'Your Beautiful' and 'Three Wise Men', the size of his audience was amazing. The acoustic singer-songwriter appeared in the middle of the audience for the opening of his set and quickly, the audience began singing and dancing along as the night drew in. Blunt commented on the festival's location by stated that, he had, "never played anywhere so beautiful" - a simple sentence which summed up the emotions of everybody in attendance and a wonderful way to end the first day.
Post #186005
Posted 17 July 2011 22:17

Supreme Being

For those of you who were there, huge series of pictures here, but unfortunately I see only 2 of James

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25083003@N07/5905310163/

Post #186080
Posted 04 August 2011 02:20

Supreme Being

Was just flicking through my pics in the members area and noticed some very nice comments - thanks boardies!

Ailatan...ref. your comment that James is looking at me in three quarters of my pics...it just seems that way, because I only post the best ones on there, where I've managed to catch him glancing in my direction.  He doesn't spend the whole concert gazing at me - although I'd have no objection if he wanted to!

W'fan
Post #188309
Posted 24 April 2012 21:04

Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 September 2014 01:31
Cornbury 2012 line up
Pixie Lott
James Morrison
The waterboys
Los lonely boys
stax
Chipping Norton allstars
Macy grey
Alison moyey

That's all I could rember, check on the Web if you're interested

My family and I might go this year, our friends have
already booked the tickets
Post #213174
Posted 25 April 2012 10:04

Supreme Being

Thank you Aline for the link!  Its a very cold wet morning here in Uk today, and looking through these photo's brought back some lovely memories of James at Cornbury! I have forgotten how bad the weather is here now!!!
Post #213191
Posted 05 June 2012 10:25

Supreme Being

Elvis Costello is top of the bill this year on the Saturday so i suppose i had better go along, actually i have to go to keep an eye on Wolfie really!
Post #214977
Posted 05 June 2012 15:42

Supreme Being

yay I'm going this year, any other boardies going this year.
Post #214984
Posted 05 July 2012 23:18

Supreme Being

Found only one picture of our man but it's a good one by photographer Ian Bines. For the first anniversary of this gig.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ibdesignphotography/6173578090/in/set-72157627095257548/

Post #216056
Posted 09 July 2012 16:33

Supreme Being

save your money for next year, not sure what the line up will be but I just did this survey competiton for Cornbury and you could win 10 weekend camping tickets, and one of the questions, was pick 5 artists/bands you would like to see next year?

these were the artists I picked

James Blunt

Cyndi Lauper

Blondie

Scouting For Girls

Bryan Adams

Post #216177
Posted 10 July 2012 11:34

Supreme Being

I had the same survey sent to me too Amylee

Guess who my number one was? YES! Bryan Adams.....oops, sorry, i mean.......James Blunt!

Post #216218
Posted 10 July 2012 12:40

Supreme Being

Thank you Aline for the great photo!  Well done finding it  

Hope you Cornbury goers this year had a great time

Post #216219
Posted 12 July 2012 19:29

Supreme Being

we missed David Cameron again this year at the festival
Post #216314
Posted 29 July 2012 17:33

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 00:10
I'd have loved to go to Cornbury again this year, but due to personal circumstances I couldn't make it.  Bryan Adams and James Blunt in a line-up would be amazing!!
Post #216881
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT, Time now is 4:19pm