Register using Facebook

Please also select your country:

Where are you from?

We think you're from UK, but you can change your region above any time for local news and competitions!

Do not show me this message again.

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Are you "The One" for James!? Expand / Collapse
Author
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 22 June 2012 07:19
Does anyone
Post #166239
Posted 02 February 2011 01:41

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 23 May 2014 00:24
Does fantasising about having a beer with the guy count?!
Post #166276
Posted 02 February 2011 02:20

Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 00:24
Susan,

There's nothing wrong with enjoying some pleasant daydreams, it's only a problem if you can't tell the difference between reality and fantasy.  I don't think you ever really believed in the fantasy...or else you'd not have posted it here so openly, you'd still be harbouring the thought/hope that you and James are soulmates and secretly pitying the rest of us.

I've had all sorts of dreams involving famous people that I admire...maybe it's just a way of our subconsious giving us something pleasant to take our minds off our (often) humdrum lives.  I've dreamt about James too - nothing specific, just dreams where he turns up and we have a chat.  I put it down to the fact that on most days I listen to his music and visit this place, so it's not surprising he's lurking in my subconscious.  I really love the sound of James' voice, singing or speaking, but have a special memory of when I met him for the first time and shook his hand.  Suddenly my little dream came true...he was actually speaking to me, in that gorgeous voice of his, and thanked me for coming to the concert!  I got quite starstruck and excitable, and felt about 10 years old! 

Enjoy those dreams...they're a gift to brighten your life a bit.

W'fan
Post #166278
Posted 02 February 2011 03:08

Supreme Being

Group: Banned Members
Last Login: 22 September 2011 11:03
We can always count on you Wolverine to keep our feet firmly on the ground. I think if people were being honest on here they would say they have had or still have the same fantasies.

James is probably thee most eleligible bachelor on the planet, and I think it is normal to have such fantasies, especially if you are a big fan of his music. This site increases the desire, because everyone on here idolises him, making him into some sort of diety.

If you analyse it thoroughly, you will, like me, come to realise, that the reason you like him so much is because of his music and lyrics. His lyrics tell a story of a man obsessed with love, and one woman in particular, like Romeo was with Juliet etc, and we want to be loved like that, especially by such a talented handsome man as he. If he were married you would probably feel differently. How many married celebrities out there now could you see yourself fantasising about? Knowing they are married takes away the desire.

In reality if you interviewed his past girlfriends they might tell you a different story. The image is just that, its an image. And who is more attractive a saint or a villian? James lives the lifestyle of a villian, thats if the stories are true that are printed about him.

His voice is unique, and it hits a chord, and its of a pitch that nourishes the soul somehow, it creates a need. Once you start needing someone you can become addicted. So to keep your feet on the ground that need has to be broken.

How do you do this? As it pays for people to be addicted to James, in record sales and concert tickets, I feel the record company would like to keep us addicted, and any advice I give you may be deleted by bulldozer Billy, but if you want to wean yourself off him stop playing his music for a while, start listening to upbeat tracks like Mica or Black Eyed peas, join a dating site, or a night class, or go on a singles holiday to try and meet people, or join a salsa class. (You don't need a partner to learn Salsa, incidentally, the men are circulated between the women after every five minutes or so, you just need to turn up). Then when you feel stronger with your life, or after you have met someone, play his music again, but not constantly, just once in a while, as his music is like the pied piper and you will find yourself hooked again. Oh, and best to avoid this site for a while too. I think there are moderators on here who also fan the flames of desire so be warned.

I am planning to go on a singles holiday this year. A colleague of mine did that and found a husband, if it worked for her it might work for me.
Post #166284
Posted 02 February 2011 08:21
Supreme Being

thank you all for responding,
Post #166298
Posted 02 February 2011 12:40

Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 14:58
Did i go to school with you Susan? I was one of those screaming about the Osmonds and embarrassingly the 'Bay City Rollers'

I must admit that James does have some sort of magical power that draws people like us in, i am 48 years old and have never been obsessed like this since my teens, nobody knows how to explain this, initially it is the music, everything after that is a mystery

I understand how you feel and it's ok to have fantasies and dreams, my whole life is made of them, lol, but as W'fan has explained it is important to keep your feet firmly on the ground, you have to realise that you are never going to be with that person, sometimes fantasies and dreams take over real life and that's when it becomes really quite dangerous, for both parties!

I think many of the youngsters, not all, just see James and other stars as a good looking guy in the limelight, what more is there to want for a young girl, that's what i went for way back then, but being the age that we are now Susan, we have had all kinds of 'life' thrown at us, sometimes really smacking us in the face and leaving us reeling that when we hear lyrics like James and see so many emotions put into a performance, that also smacks us in the face and we think, oh wow, he is singing about my life, at last somebody knows my feelings and thoughts, therefore we automatically think, we would love to live our lives with someone so in touch with our souls, tha's my take on it anyway

Don't worry James, i am in control of it...................at the moment

Post #166308
Posted 02 February 2011 14:11

Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 14:16
Does beating him in a game of snooker count?

Spinning on my heels....so far away from real <3
Post #166318
Posted 02 February 2011 17:15

Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2014 16:01
On my way to the office I come along to some hotels.

When ever James is in "my" city, I look around and hope to see him coming out of the hotel door, smiling and saying: Hi Ina, come on, lets have a drink together.

We go to Star Bucks at the corner and share a chololate chunk

hugs to all dreamers

ina

Post #166326
Posted 02 February 2011 18:09
Supreme Being

ommmmm
Post #166338
Posted 02 February 2011 18:21

Supreme Being

Last Login: 09 September 2013 16:32
I don't fantasise about meeting him or anything like that. Not like when I was about 13 and got really obsessed with people and thought about them constantly and imagined all sorts of meetings and things, all very innocent stuff.

I have to admit to having had various rude thoughts about him though... but I can't really say anymore as I don't want to get banned. Hehe. There's a picture of him that makes me go a bit animal... if I ever actually saw him looking like that in real life he'd be in trouble...
Post #166339
Posted 02 February 2011 20:09

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 January 2013 13:31
maybe if you were a blonde twin?

does James have a twin I could practise on?  

Post #166354
Posted 02 February 2011 20:32

Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 July 2014 17:02
Yeah I think fantacy is good at little dozes am daydreaming (and dreamming) too about meeting him and stuff (nothing naughty XD)

Same here sunsan i never been interested in a celeb before. Now am here every day

Is very wierd for me to lonely dancer at this age obsestion why not when i was 13 or 15. Am 19 now but i feel like a little girl.

Too much of something is offcourse never good.
I agree that the forum is a bit additive

PS JB and the band is amazing
Post #166358
Posted 02 February 2011 21:44
Supreme Being

life.
Post #166382
Posted 02 February 2011 21:51

Supreme Being

Too many co-incidences Susan, you sure you are not his sister?

Seems your task of persuading him you are the one for him, with your communication skills has begun.

Hope he is listening, maybe you should post a full length pick of you in a bikini, that might do it, but you may have to air brush it though.
Post #166384
Posted 02 February 2011 21:57
Supreme Being

hi
Post #166385
Posted 02 February 2011 21:57

Supreme Being

Squashy:
There's a picture of him that makes me go a bit animal... if I ever actually saw him looking like that in real life he'd be in trouble...

Squashy!   Don't encourage James...you know he's always looking for SKOT and you DO fit his criteria, according to that tweet he posted a little while back!  (Err...which picture?)

vegas.baby...when you said "you need a psychologist" were you referring to Squashy?  Luckily she works with them so is already in the right place to get help!

W'fan
Post #166386
Posted 02 February 2011 22:01
Supreme Being

t
Post #166387
Posted 02 February 2011 22:12

Supreme Being

It seems Susan you have already imagined yourself as his wife, and have decided the role is not for you, poor James he must be so disappointed. Guess it will take him a long time to get over you, maybe the next song he writes will be about you too. How can you live with yourself when he jumps off the cliff?

Post #166389
Posted 02 February 2011 22:55

Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 May 2014 19:19
susancrayner (01/02/2011)

Does anyone else have the same experience, or is it just me?

My dream would be to be allowed to take concert photography of James and the band....with my good camera/lens.

I LOVE taking pics of musicians in concert......I would do it all day, for no money, if I could.
Post #166392
Posted 03 February 2011 00:53

Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 14:58
susancrayner (02/02/2011)
Oh I remember Bay City Rollers, though I have heard some disturbing stories about where they are at now. I remember all the tartan scarves people wore, it was a hysterical time, not sure if younger people are quite as mad as some of us were in those days!  I was at Hampstead school where all the trendy actors children went. 

I was always very self controlled, quiet and sensible and was quite content with the boy next door then!  I must say I find this subject really interesting though, particularly having gone through so many experiences over the years, the feminist movement for example, learning to love being female, not loving men TOO much, and saving something back for myself, the spiritual path of self realisation and so on.

Yes i have too Susan, shame

Oh i used to drive my mum mad with the tartan, all my trousers had to have tartan down the sides of the legs, cut off to the knee, tartan scarves wrapped around my wrists, lol, what a sight we must have looked! Clomping about in platform shoes too!

Ooooh you went to a posh school, mine was far from posh, lol, i was never self-controlled, never quiet, never sensible and never content with the boy next door! I know you all find that hard to believe!

Post #166402
Posted 03 February 2011 01:15

Supreme Being

lonelydancer (02/02/2011)

I must admit that James does have some sort of magical power that draws people like us in...when we hear lyrics like James and see so many emotions put into a performance... we think, oh wow, he is singing about my life, at last somebody knows my feelings and thoughts...

Yes, LD, that's how it is for me...reminds me of that song from years ago "Killing Me Softly". 

Megan...so now you're 19 you think it's strange to feel like a little girl sometimes?   There's so much I'd like to say but will sum it up with this...inside, many adults still feel childlike from time to time.

Susan...don't knock yourself for being "ordinary" - it's not a flaw, just the way that 99.99% of people are.  I think James is extraordinary in many ways and that's why he makes a great subject for fantasies/dreams.  It's all harmless enough, so long as it doesn't stop people making the most of reality.  T has got the right idea, going out into the world to find a partner - fantasies can only do so much for you.

W'fan
Post #166407
Posted 03 February 2011 15:26

Supreme Being

Last Login: 16 February 2014 07:49
I think of this situation you guys are having with this song.

Everytime I hear this song, I see it as a way of coping with the stardom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpOjQvADLG4
Post #166473
Posted 04 February 2011 16:41

Supreme Being

Wolverinefan (02/02/2011)vegas.baby...when you said "you need a psychologist" were you referring to Squashy? Luckily she works with them so is already in the right place to get help!

. I wondered that. Wouldn't be the first time it's been suggested. I think being a little mad makes my job a bit easier.
Post #166599
Posted 04 February 2011 17:19
Supreme Being

t
Post #166604
Posted 04 February 2011 18:37

Supreme Being

susancrayner (04/02/2011)
I just read James prefers blondes,and I am very brunette, plus I am ten years older. Do you think that matters?

In fantasy land nothing matters. Isn't that the point? In my imagination I'm definitely thinner and nicer.

If you mean for real, I highly doubt hair colour matters, its the person that matters. The age may possibly pose a larger problem if he's thinking about having kids and stuff. Talking like this is weirding me out for some reason...

Traceyuk- bulldozer billy?! LMAO!!!! Only just noticed that bit.
Post #166612
Posted 04 February 2011 18:48

Supreme Being

This is a really interesting subject Susan.  Many of James' songs are about the emotional that we feel as human beings.  The way that he is able to express those feelings through music is the key.  Whilst James may write these songs from his own personal experiences, we can relate them to our own life experiences, which will be different for each of us.  That is probably why it is easy to fantasise of a songwriter as being the perfect soulmate, nothing wrong with hope! James may be a very different person from the persona that we see through the music.  By that I mean, he might not express his deepest thoughts to others in the way he does through music... maybe that is his outlet.  It must be very difficult to maintain a relationship in the public eye, being judged on your every move in the press.  Not a lifestyle I would want, but I suppose it comes with the territory of success.

I have the same feelings as the next person, but don't necessarily choose to express them to people I am not close to.  It's just not me, it's not the way I was brought up, but I'm comfortable with it! I find much of James songs very personal for my own reasons, which can bring hidden feelings to the surface, and sometimes even helps to deal with them!  I would love to know more about the person behind the music, but on the flip side, some things are best left personal!  I wouldn't like others opening up my soul to find what inspires me, so I wouldn't wish to do that to anyone else either.

Therefore, my fantasy is a simple one... to have a casual chat over a beer What can I say? I must be easily pleased!

Post #166614
Posted 04 February 2011 19:11

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 14:46
Of course I'm the one! It's a little too late now though I think....

Lots of similarities there though I must say, Susan!
Post #166619
Posted 04 February 2011 19:15

Supreme Being

LOL Hooked!

Susan, you have a lot in common with JB... this is the question that may decide your fate! Do you LOVE or HATE marmite?  This could be the beginning of something beautiful!

Post #166622
Posted 04 February 2011 21:08

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 25 May 2011 10:48
Dear Susancrayner

I tell you a little secret.... I have exactly the same dream as you, since I saw James the first time in TV. Especially the part with the little shack in the woods and that it is cosy and warm. Don`t worry about that, it is okay.!!!! It helps you to go on and it brightens your day. Only fantasy makes the world go round and helps us to new ideas...

Your"sister in dreams"

Post #166649
Posted 04 February 2011 23:15
Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 April 2014 02:57
This post has been deleted.
Post #166671
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 5:37pm