Register using Facebook

Please also select your country:

Where are you from?

We think you're from UK, but you can change your region above any time for local news and competitions!

Do not show me this message again.

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Posting links Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 11:15
I notice on all the topics that came over from the previous message board, you can't click on the links that you have posted on topics anymore. I just tried to post a picture link on the topic, picture of James please post here. And the link i post you can't click on to see the picture. Does that mean you can't do links to pictures or articles you see on the internet anymore?
Post #140282
Posted 09 September 2010 22:09

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

I just found out the only to see links, is if you type the link into your web browser. Which is bit of a pain when on the other message board you only had to click on the link.
Post #140289
Posted 09 September 2010 22:16

Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 11:33
Hello LB, I'm glad to see you here. We have discussed the link on topics in that thread:

Miscellaneous Discussions Dummies Guide to New Message Board

Rebeccalyn_DJ posted explanations. Hope it helps you.
Post #140290
Posted 09 September 2010 22:33

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 18:19
We've fixed some links. Will work on others. Thanks
Post #140294
Posted 18 September 2010 19:03

Supreme Being

I'm still having problems posting links you can click on. I notice some board members are able to post links you can click on. I just wish i knew how to do it myself. I would say this has been the most annoying thing about this new message board.
Post #141930
Posted 18 September 2010 19:57

Supreme Being

Panic over, i can now post links you can click on. Thanks to Cool as a cucumber's help.
Post #141954
Posted 15 December 2012 22:12
Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 22:13
"Insert Hyperlink" doesn't work for me. Some days ago it had worked. Is it a general problem or only one of my own hands? Could you check it please?
Post #224207
Posted 24 December 2012 16:33

Supreme Being

Since the server has changed. Not able to post links to topics on the boards anymore.
I tried to post a link to Billy about a topic which has spam but was unable to do it.
Post #224662
Posted 30 December 2012 20:57

Supreme Being

Try to post a link to a topic which needs to be remove. When i type the link of the topic into my browser it was ok. But when i went back to the topic where i posted the link, i had some strange info come up on my screen including my email address which i don't want anyone to know. So i had to quickly go back into the topic i posted the link on and remove the link. So it doesn't look like you post a link to a topic anymore.
Post #224991
Posted 31 December 2012 15:11

Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 October 2014 19:55
I can't imagine why we can't post links. It's a pretty basic thing.

Post #225018
Posted 31 December 2012 16:08

Supreme Being

I mention in my last post i had problem posting a topic link. What ever you do don't do it i had a real problem with my computer last night.
For example if i see spam posted on the board, i copy and paste the link to the topic into my browser to see if it works ok. Then i post the link. But because we now have a different server it doesn't work anymore.
It was alright when i copy and paste to my browser, but when i clicked on the link after i posted it. I saw lots of strange message's on my screen, including my email address which i don't want everyone to see. Thank god the edit function was still working, so i deleted straight away. Gave me a bit of a scare. But that wasn't the end if it. Couple of hours later i switched on my computer and a message from Norton warning me about my browser. It said your browser is not protect from intrusion attempts. It took several attempts to re boot my computer to get the browser secure again.
I notice no one else has post any links to topics recently. I won't be doing it again unless i see other board members are able to do it without problems.
Post #225026
Posted 21 January 2013 12:03
Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 September 2014 20:52
how do you post a link to an external subject without having to copy and paste? I see that some people are doing this and I don't know how, any help would be very much appreciated, thanks.
Post #225772
Posted 21 January 2013 13:36

Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 October 2014 19:55
Susan, do you mean how do you post a link that can be viewed without having to copy and paste it? If so, while you are in the posting box, on the left choose "url url" and click on it, when that appears go to the center and put your text you want as a link there and it will produce a link that can be opened directly. Hope that's what you meant. But I'm not sure this still works.

-susan- (21/01/2013)
how do you post a link to an external subject without having to copy and paste? I see that some people are doing this and I don't know how, any help would be very much appreciated, thanks.
Post #225784
Posted 21 January 2013 16:32
Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 September 2014 20:52
thanks i just saw your reply will try next time
Post #225795
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 4:35pm